Staysure Tour Announces 2018 Schedule
Landmark season for the Staysure Tour, formerly known as the European Senior Tour
The Staysure Tour announced its schedule for the 2018 season, featuring three new events in Denmark, England and Spain.
The Shipco Masters Promoted by Simon’s Golf Club, Staysure PGA Seniors Championship and Costa Blanca Benidorm Senior Masters are the latest additions to the calendar, which will see the Tour travel to four continents in 2018.
United Kingdom-based insurance company Staysure have also been named as title sponsors of the PGA Seniors Championship, which returns to the schedule for the first time since 2015. The field for the Staysure PGA Seniors Championship will be made up of Staysure Tour members, PGA professionals and a Monday qualifier will also take place prior to the event.
The Staysure-sponsored tournament will take place the week after The Senior Open Presented by Rolex, which will see many of the game’s legends step foot onto the iconic Old Course at St Andrews, from July 26-29. Bernhard Langer, who captured his record tenth Senior Major Championship at last year’s Senior Open, will bid to become the first golfer to defend the Senior Claret Jug since Christy O’Connor Jnr in 2000.
Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates will host the first tournament of the inaugural Staysure Tour season, the Sharjah Senior Golf Masters presented by Shurooq from March 8-10. As in 2017, this will be played over the nine-hole golf course at Sharjah Golf & Shooting Club, with two loops of nine holes utilising different tees and hole locations.
The KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship returns to Harbor Shores, Michigan, for the third time from May 24-27. Staysure Tour Members Roger Chapman and Colin Montgomerie have previously won the Senior Major Championship, with Chapman emerging victorious in 2012 and Montgomerie following in 2014.
The U.S. Senior Open, also won by Chapman and Montgomerie, will take place at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado from June 28-July 1.
The first edition of The Shipco Masters Promoted by Simon’s Golf at Simon’s Golf Club in Denmark will be played from June 1-3, and Britain’s most successful female golfer in the modern era, Dame Laura Davies, is due to become the first woman in history to participate in a Staysure Tour event.
The 2017 John Jacobs Trophy winner, Clark Dennis, will defend the first of two titles he won last season at Golf Club Udine, which will once again host the Senior Italian Open presented by Villaverde Resort from June 15-17. The Swiss Seniors Open and WINSTONgolf Senior Open return to the schedule in successive weeks from July 6-8 and July 13-15.
The Willow Senior Golf Classic, which raises funds for the Willow Foundation, will take place once again at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, and Woburn Golf Club will host the Travis Perkins Masters for the 11th time – the events will take place from August 24-26 and August 31-September 2 respectively.
The second edition of the European Tour Properties Senior Classic will take place at Lighthouse Golf & Spa Resort in Bulgaria from September 7-9. The Scottish Senior Open will be the fourth event in four consecutive weeks and will take place from September 14-16.
The Farmfoods European Senior Masters at Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & CC will be played from October 5-7, and the following week the third edition of the Paris Legends Championship is set to be staged at La Boulie - Racing Club de France. The Dutch Masters is currently scheduled to take place the following week, from October 19-21.
Meliã Villaitana Golf Club in Alicante will host the first edition of the Costa Blanca Benidorm Senior Masters from November 29-December 1, and the 2018 season will conclude in the spectacular Indian Ocean setting of Mauritius at the eighth edition of the MCB Tour Championship from December 7-9.
David MacLaren, Head of the Staysure Tour, said: “We are all very excited about the forthcoming season and the first year of our landmark partnership with title sponsors Staysure. We have made further progress in expanding our tournament schedule and are delighted to see the return of the PGA Seniors Championship to our calendar.
“Our new events in Denmark, England and Spain are also welcome additions to our schedule, and we are working diligently to add further tournaments to our calendar for the 2018 season.
“We look forward to seeing Clark Dennis begin his defence of the John Jacobs Trophy in Sharjah and wish all of our players the best of luck for the forthcoming season.”
- Australian Adventure Continues in Canberra
- USA’s Kang pips Australia’s Herbert to win PGA TOUR Series-China Q-School No. 1
- Sensational Sharma Seals Stunning Win at Maybank Championship
- Minjee Lee Wins Second Oates Vic Open Title
- Joshi and Henson Chase Leaders at Maybank Championship
- Thai Phenom Phachara Co-Leads at Maybank Championship
- Asian Tour Order of Merit Renamed “Habitat for Humanity Standings”
- Paisley Powers Ahead in Malaysia
- Ben Ready to Strike at Maybank Championship
- Thongchai Marks 200th Asian Tour Event at Maybank Championship
- Young Talents at Junior Golf Clinic at Maybank Championship
- Gavin Teams Up With New Caddie at Maybank Championship
- Poom the ‘Assassin’ Meets Stenson Again at Maybank Championship
- 2018 Ladies European Tour Gets Under Way in Australia
- China’s Zecheng Dou Inspires Contenders at PGA TOUR Series-China Q-School
- Singapore Golfers Unveil Trophy for Inaugural Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific
- Staysure Tour Announces 2018 Schedule
- Siddikur Claims Victory at City Bank American Express Dhaka Open
- Maiden Win for Kitayama at the PGM Darulaman Championship
- Peterson Outclasses Field to Win LeoPalace21 Myanmar Open
- Li Holds off McIlroy to Seal Victory in Dubai
- Japan’s Rising Sons Head to Maybank Championship
- Asian Tour Stars Ready to Light Up Maybank Championship 2018
- John Deere Renews Partnership with LET
- Hero MotoCorp Extends its Title Sponsorship of Hero Indian Open
- Green is Feeling Excited Ahead of WGC-Mexico Championship Debut
- more news...