PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan Takes Seat on PGA European Tour Board
A historic milestone in the evolution of the Strategic Alliance between the European Tour and the PGA Tour unfolded when PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan attended his first PGA European Tour Board Meeting.
Commissioner Monahan’s position on the Board came as part of the partnership – announced last November – which saw the PGA Tour acquire a minority investment stake in European Tour Productions (ETP), the European Tour’s Media Production company, which produces and distributes content internationally.
David Williams, Chair of the European Tour, welcomed Commissioner Monahan to the virtual meeting from the PGA TOUR’s Florida base, where he is currently involved in a series of meetings with European Tour CEO Keith Pelley.
“I am delighted to welcome Jay Monahan, representing the PGA Tour, to the Board of the PGA European Tour at this important and historic time for the Tour and for golf development worldwide,” he said. “This illustrates how closely we are aligned now and how closely we will be aligned moving forwards.”
Jay Monahan said: “When we announced the Strategic Alliance last year, I said I was looking forward to working even more closely with the European Tour for the benefit of the men’s professional game and for golf fans around the world. Today was an important step in that journey.”
The Strategic Alliance will see golf’s two major Tours explore all facets of collaboration, working together on strategic commercial opportunities including collaborating on global media rights, as well as in areas such as global scheduling, content, prize funds and playing opportunities for the respective memberships.
- Major Winner Patty Tavatanakit to Receive Sponsor Invite to HSBC Women’s World Championship
- Matsuyama Makes Masters History for Asia
- Gary Player Unveiled as Newest Golf Saudi Ambassador at The 2021 Masters at Augusta National
- Asians at The Masters Tournament
- India’s Lahiri Looks to Build on Season’s Best Fifth Place Finish, Spieth Ends Winless Run at Valero Texas Open
- Ryder Cup 2023 Course Unveiled
- Nick Faldo Honoured by Silver Celebrations with Faldo Series
- World’s Top Players Heading to Singapore for HSBC Women’s World Championship
- European Tour Qualifying School Schedule Revealed
- Choo Clinches First-Leg Victory at the Singapore Pro Series Invitational Presented by FTAG
- More news...