LPGA Tour Announces 2021 Broadcast Schedule
The LPGA Tour announced their 2021 schedule, featuring 34 LPGA Tour events, headlined by live coverage of all five major championships, as well as the Solheim Cup and the women’s golf at the Summer Olympics, in a season that marks the record purse total in women’s professional golf at more than $78 million.
In addition to LPGA Tour coverage, with the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, the NCAA Women’s Golf Championships and the Augusta National Women’s Amateur, NBC Sports will produce more than 500 tournament hours of women’s golf coverage in 2021, the most hours and events ever dedicated to the women’s game in a single year.
“Players on the LPGA Tour come from all walks of life, from countries literally circling the globe. Thanks to our friends at NBC and GOLF Channel, fans across the country will have so many opportunities to get to know these athletes and learn their inspirational stories,” said LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan.
“The future of the game really is female, and I can’t wait for our fans – especially all the young girls watching the telecast – to get to know these athletes who have made such an impact on my life and my career.”
“With more than 30 LPGA Tour events, all five majors, the Tokyo Olympics and the Solheim Cup, NBC Sports is primed to deliver unprecedented coverage of women’s golf in 2021,” said Molly Solomon, executive producer, GOLF Channel and NBC Olympics. “We will present the most hours ever dedicated to the women’s game in 2021 and continue to elevate the LPGA Tour’s stars throughout these fantastic international events.”
- A Q&A with Andrew Johnston, General Manager & Director of Agronomy at Sentosa Golf Club
- European Tour, LPGA Tour & Ladies European Tour join forces for ISPS HANDA World Invitational in Northern Ireland
- The R&A and the USGA Modernise Amateur Status Rules
- LPGA’s Out-Going Commissioner Mike Whan is the Next CEO of the USGA
- LPGA Tour Announces 2021 Broadcast Schedule
- China’s Yuan Yearns for Breakthrough on Korn Ferry Tour
- 9 Things About Korea’s K.H. Lee
- Ladies European Tour’s Record-Breaking Schedule
- The R&A to Submit Planning Application for New Golf Facility in Glasgow
- European Golf Design Limited Announces New Direction
- More news...