AIG Extends Support of The Women’s Open
AIG extended its title partnership of the AIG Women’s Open by two years, to 2025.
Under the new agreement, the championship will now be known as the AIG Women’s Open as part of a rebrand undertaken by The R&A and AIG.
Peter Zaffino, President & Global Chief Operating Officer, AIG, said, “For over 40 years, this iconic championship has provided a global stage to showcase world-class women’s golf.
“AIG proudly stands as allies with these accomplished players, and with women in business and society. In the face of challenging global circumstances, we are pleased that our increased support of the AIG Women’s Open will enable these dedicated professionals to compete and break down barriers that will provide a lasting example for future generations.”
Martin Slumbers, Chief Executive of The R&A said, “The R&A and AIG share a long-term vision for the AIG Women’s Open. We are fortunate to have such a committed partner in supporting women’s golf.
“The AIG Women’s Open is a global championship and its new name reflects its growing stature and broadening international appeal.
“Together with AIG, we are determined to accelerate the progress we have made in women’s golf. The AIG Women’s Open is the perfect showcase for these highly skilled athletes to demonstrate how good they are and inspire more girls and women to take up golf.”
Georgia Hall, the 2018 champion commented, “I am so grateful that AIG has continued to support women’s golf, particularly in the face of a pandemic. It shows their dedication and support of us as athletes which we greatly appreciate.”
Together, AIG and The R&A celebrate the exceptional athletes competing in this global championship and the changing face of golf. The AIG Women’s Open brand exemplifies the continued progress of the sport and the determination to accelerate it.
The R&A has also launched a new website for the AIG Women’s Open which can be accessed at www.aigwomensopen.com. Follow the championship on social media via @AIGWomensOpen.
- Tourism Selangor Sponsored Golf Tournament to be Played at Three Renowned Golf Clubs in the State from September 28-30, 2020
- Faldo Series Becomes Latest Signatory of the R&A’s Women in Golf Charter
- India’s Arjun Atwal Still Burns Bright
- PGA TOUR 2K21 – The Golf Game for Gamers!
- Presidents Cup Returns to The Royal Montreal Golf Club in 2024
- Morikawa Clinches First Major Victory While China’s Li Takes Positives from PGA Championship
- Korea’s An Settles for Tied 12th as Thomas Wins WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational
- Horsfield Earns Maiden Title at Hero Open
- Teen Titan Kim Wins the 2019/20 Panasonic Swing
- Korea’s Kang Leads Asian Charge in WGC-FedEx St Jude Invitational
- More news...