2020 Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific and Asia-Pacific Amateur Championships Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
The 2020 Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific (WAAP) and Asia-Pacific Amateur Championships (AAC) have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The WAAP, presented by The R&A and Asia Pacific Golf Confederation (APGC), was scheduled to be played 7 – 10 October 2020 at Siam Country Club in Pattaya, Thailand. The championship will now be played at Siam Country Club from 4 – 7 February 2021.
The AAC, conducted by the APGC, Masters Tournament and The R&A, was set to take place 29 October – 1 November 2020 at The Royal Melbourne Golf Club in Australia. Future championship plans will be announced at a later date.
“Our highest priority is the health and safety of our players, officials and everyone throughout the world involved in running these great championships,” said Taimur Amin, Chairman of the APGC. “Given the ongoing concerns and global impacts of this pandemic, we determined with our respective partners that these events, unfortunately, could not proceed as planned this year.
“My sympathies are with all the players who were looking forward to participating. They can rest assured that, together with our partners, we will continue to provide these life-changing opportunities when it is safe to do so. We are grateful to everyone involved in the staging of both championships for their understanding and shared dedication to our mission, and we look forward to continuing our work together to advance the game throughout the Asia-Pacific.”
- Tourism Selangor Sponsored Golf Tournament to be Played at Three Renowned Golf Clubs in the State from September 28-30, 2020
- Faldo Series Becomes Latest Signatory of the R&A’s Women in Golf Charter
- India’s Arjun Atwal Still Burns Bright
- PGA TOUR 2K21 – The Golf Game for Gamers!
- Presidents Cup Returns to The Royal Montreal Golf Club in 2024
- Morikawa Clinches First Major Victory While China’s Li Takes Positives from PGA Championship
- Korea’s An Settles for Tied 12th as Thomas Wins WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational
- Horsfield Earns Maiden Title at Hero Open
- Teen Titan Kim Wins the 2019/20 Panasonic Swing
- Korea’s Kang Leads Asian Charge in WGC-FedEx St Jude Invitational
- More news...