Honda LPGA Thailand and HSBC Women’s World Championship in Singapore Cancelled Due to Coronavirus
The LPGA Tour released a statement today on the cancellation.
Due to the continued health concerns and recent advisories in some Asian countries that large-scale events should be cancelled or postponed as a result of the coronavirus, the LPGA and its partners have made the decision to cancel the 2020 Honda LPGA Thailand, which was scheduled to take place February 20-23 in Pattaya, Thailand, and the 2020 HSBC Women’s World Championship, which was scheduled to take place February 27-March 1 in Singapore.
It is always a difficult decision to cancel events and the LPGA greatly appreciates the understanding and all the efforts made by our title sponsors (Honda and HSBC) as well as IMG to host incredible events for our players. The health and safety of our players, fans and everyone working on the event is always our highest priority. While we are disappointed that these tournaments will not take place this season, we look forward to returning to Asia soon.
- Strong Line-Up Primed for Faldo Series Malaysia Championship
- Malaysian Open 2020 to Proceed as Scheduled
- Maybank Championship Postponed Due to Covid-19
- Panasonic Swing Concludes in Kyoto
- Ishikawa Heads to Mexico with Eye on PGA Tour Return
- PXG’s Newest GEN3 0311 Irons Introduced by MST Golf
- Woods Aims to Create History at Genesis Invitational
- Prize Money Boost for Mercuries Taiwan Masters
- Crew Clothing Company Announced as Official Clothing Partner for the Staysure Tour
- Honda LPGA Thailand and HSBC Women’s World Championship in Singapore Cancelled Due to Coronavirus
- More news...