Amir Benno Wins First Under Armour Golf Day Powered by MST Golf at Palm Garden
The inaugural Under Armour Golf Day powered by MST Golf hosted 108 players at Palm Garden Golf & Country Club in Putrajaya on 29 August, 2019. Played on a System 36 Stableford format, the tournament offered an array of attractive Novelty Prizes and lucky draw prizes.
4-handicapper Amir Benno was declared as the champion on countback from Mohd Nasir Othman after both returned with 41 points. Mohd Firdaus Ahmad came in 3rd place on countback with 39 points. As champion, Amir won the grand prize of an all-expense trip to the Under Armour Golf Day in Thailand and Under Armour vouchers with a combined total value of RM4,000. Both Mohd Nasir and Mohd Firdaus walked away with Under Armour vouchers to be used in MST Golf outlets.
For the novelty contests, Siw Tong Seng hit the longest drive on the 10th hole with a distance of 239 meters. Rastam Ariffin came closest to the pin on hole 12 with his ball coming to rest 8 feet 11 inches from the hole. It was a closely contested fight for the nearest to line contest which ended up with 3 players all having their drives impressively rest on the line. The 3, Ismail Abu, Samsul Jaihan and Hisa Araki all walked away with Under Armour products for their impressive feat.
Participants also had a chance to test the latest Garmin Approach S40 GPS Watch, Approach G80 GPS launch monitor and Approach Z80 GPS rangefinder during the event.
During the lunch prior to the prize giving, participants had the opportunity to make the perfect putt on the PuttOUT setup to be entered into a lucky draw to win a pair of Under Armour Spieth 3 Golf Shoes worth RM1,090.
The event came together by the combined efforts of Under Armour, MST Golf & Garmin.
- Strong Line-Up Primed for Faldo Series Malaysia Championship
- Malaysian Open 2020 to Proceed as Scheduled
- Maybank Championship Postponed Due to Covid-19
- Panasonic Swing Concludes in Kyoto
- Ishikawa Heads to Mexico with Eye on PGA Tour Return
- PXG’s Newest GEN3 0311 Irons Introduced by MST Golf
- Woods Aims to Create History at Genesis Invitational
- Prize Money Boost for Mercuries Taiwan Masters
- Crew Clothing Company Announced as Official Clothing Partner for the Staysure Tour
- Honda LPGA Thailand and HSBC Women’s World Championship in Singapore Cancelled Due to Coronavirus
- More news...