European Tour Reveals Brand Refresh Aimed at Driving Golf Further
The European Tour has launched a creative new brand strategy, with the aim of broadening the Tour’s appeal to new and existing fans and commercial partners.
Golf’s global tour has unveiled its new identity, which includes a modern, fresh logo alongside a new website and App, all underpinned by the Tour’s guiding principles of Innovation, Inclusivity and Globality.
The brand refresh focuses on ‘Driving Golf Further’, the strapline which features underneath the new logo, as the Tour seeks to build on its strong, established reputation for award-winning content, innovative tournament formats and immersive technology.
The European Tour’s new identity was unveiled at the Tour’s recently refurbished, state-of-the-art headquarters during the BMW PGA Championship, the fourth event in the Tour’s Rolex Series – an alliance of its eight premium events. It will be rolled out on October 1, coinciding with the launch of the Tour’s revamped website and App.
Designed to stand out from the rest of the busy golfing category whilst retaining its golf context, the bold, simple aesthetic is modern and flexible, suitable to be used across all platforms. It comprises a suite of assets, with a new logo, avatar and a range of graphic devices.
Keith Pelley, Chief Executive of the European Tour, said: “It is an exciting time for us to unveil our new brand strategy. While we continue to celebrate our traditions and our core audience, the Tour has a strong desire to innovate and broaden the appeal of our sport”
Max Hamilton, Head of Commercial Partnerships said, “Golf remains the sport of business, with 90% of CEOs playing our sport, however we believe golf has to modernise and appeal to everyone to thrive. We hope our bold new creative and brand strategy will attract new partners who align with our new brand ideals.”
The European Tour operates 48 tournaments across five continents and features players from 37 nationalities, in addition to having a global television reach of more than 490million homes.
- Strong Line-Up Primed for Faldo Series Malaysia Championship
- Malaysian Open 2020 to Proceed as Scheduled
- Maybank Championship Postponed Due to Covid-19
- Panasonic Swing Concludes in Kyoto
- Ishikawa Heads to Mexico with Eye on PGA Tour Return
- PXG’s Newest GEN3 0311 Irons Introduced by MST Golf
- Woods Aims to Create History at Genesis Invitational
- Prize Money Boost for Mercuries Taiwan Masters
- Crew Clothing Company Announced as Official Clothing Partner for the Staysure Tour
- Honda LPGA Thailand and HSBC Women’s World Championship in Singapore Cancelled Due to Coronavirus
- More news...