PGA Tour’s Brooks Koepka Wins Aon Risk Reward Challenge and US$1 Million
After a PGA TOUR season filled with thrills, spills and excitement, Brooks Koepka emerged victorious in the inaugural Aon Risk Reward Challenge, earning US$1 million in prize money.
Aon plc, a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions, and the PGA TOUR announced that Koepka was victorious in the unique program which is also being contested on the LPGA Tour where its top finisher will receive an equal $1 million reward at the LPGA’s season finale, the CME Group Tour Championship, in November.
This first season of the Aon Risk Reward Challenge was designed to test the ability of players and their caddies to analyze risk and make strategic decisions on some of the most challenging holes in golf. During each week of the regular season, players were challenged to look at the Aon Risk Reward holes in a new way, using their previous experience to develop insights and take calculated risks that would allow them to outperform their competitors.
“I’m really proud of the work we did this year and am gratified to win an award that recognizes a consistently high-level of performance over the entire season, particularly on some of the toughest holes in the game,” said Koepka. “Thanks to Aon for providing our fans an insight into how we make decisions on the course and creating a really meaningful award.”
The season-long program authentically builds on the idea of “risk reward” decision-making and has successfully engaged players, caddies and fans by providing an in-depth look at the designated holes and asking them to consider what level of risk they should take to maximize their performance and receive the $1 million reward.
“A round of golf is a series of tough strategic decisions, and the best players in the world stay a step ahead of the competition by making better decisions when it matters most. Brooks used his understanding of the conditions, where he stood in the field and knowledge of each Aon Risk Reward Challenge hole to take calculated risks that maximized his performance,” said Andy Weitz, Aon’s Chief Marketing Officer. “At Aon, we use data and analytics to develop insights that deliver similar results for our clients, providing them advice and solutions that minimize volatility and put them in a position to maximize business performance, effectively keeping them a step ahead of their competition.”
Weitz added, “The inaugural season of the Aon Risk Reward Challenge has exceeded our expectations and we could not be more pleased to have Brooks Koepka, the No. 1 player in the world, as our first champion.”
- Healthcare Specialists Cignpost to Deliver Rapid On-Site COVID-19 Screening at European Tour Events
- The PGA Tour’s Health & Safety Plan Updates
- European Tour and Challenge Tour Resume at Austrian Open
- Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup Rescheduled for 2021 and 2022 Respectively
- 2020 Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific and Asia-Pacific Amateur Championships Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- AIG Women’s British Open to be Played in 2020
- The R&A to Mark ‘Open Week’ with Celebratory Broadcast of ‘The Open for The Ages’
- PGA Tour Statement – Health and Safety Plan Updates
- A Rejuvenated Atwal Shows Up at the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Ten Spots Available for the 2020 U.S. Open During the UK Swing
- More news...