Mastercard Builds on its Support of Women’s Golf with Sponsorship of the AIG Women’s British Open
Mastercard will become a partner of the AIG Women’s British Open for the next three years, starting with this year’s competition at Woburn Golf Club (August 1-4, 2019).
This sponsorship extends Mastercard’s brand presence at The Open and shows their commitment to gender equality in sports and demonstrates the continued focus on gender balanced marketing.
The announcement was made at a Mastercard-hosted Women’s Leadership Forum at Royal Portrush in support of The R&A’s Women in Golf Charter. Attending the event, Mastercard golf Ambassador Annika Sorenstam commented: “Helping encourage the participation of women in the great game of golf is very important to me. Mastercard has long supported my foundation which provides opportunities for the next generation of junior girls through the game we love and now by becoming a partner of the Women’s British Open we have one of the game’s greatest platforms to encourage women and girls to get involved in golf.”
Ann Cairns, Executive Vice-Chairman of Mastercard commented: “Mastercard has been a long-standing advocate of diversity and inclusion through partnerships in women’s sport. This brand partnership with the AIG Women’s British Open, not only gives us the chance to directly support female golf athletes; but it also offers new opportunities to engage women and girls who are new to the game, as well as providing priceless experience to existing players and fans from across the world.”
Martin Slumbers, Chief Executive of The R&A commented: “The R&A enjoys a long association with Mastercard as a Patron of The Open and we are now delighted to see this relationship extend to the AIG Women’s British Open. We very much welcome Mastercard’s commitment to growing women’s golf in providing mentors for our Women in Golf Leadership Development Programme, part of its support of the Women in Golf Charter.”
As part of the partnership, fans will receive a £5 saving on entry tickets bought onsite at the AIG Women’s British Open when paying with Mastercard and further cardholder offers will be made available to fans and spectators at Woburn during the championship.
Broadcast in 129 countries across the world, the British Women’s Open is the most established and historic major championship in women’s golf. The 2019 championship will be the 44th edition.
- Hosoya Holds Firm in Faldo Series Japan Championship Play-Off
- Danish Teen Højgaard Claims Mauritius play-off Victory
- It’s a Silver Medal for Our Malaysian Girls at the SEA Games
- Thailand’s Thongchai Earns Full Exempt Status on PGA Tour Champions
- Hong Kong Open to Take Place in January 2020
- Chinese Rising Stars to Display Potential at Junior Presidents Cup
- Jon Rahm Named European Tour Golfer of the Year
- Jazz Crowned Asian Tour Order of Merit Champion
- ASEAN Tourism Golf Tournament to Boost Visit Johor Year 2020 at The Els Club Desaru Coast
- Leading ASEAN Players Book Tickets to Maybank Championship
- More news...