Golf and Business Prepare to Change Lives at Berenberg Gary Player Invitational
The worlds of golf and business will combine at the spiritual home of European golf, when The Berenberg Gary Player Invitational takes place at Wentworth on July 22. Major winners, Ryder Cup heroes and European and Ladies European Tour stars will join golf’s most successful Major-winner-turned-businessman, Gary Player, and representatives of Berenberg, the world’s second oldest bank, to raise funds to support underprivileged children and communities globally.
The 2019 event marks the 8th year that Berenberg has sponsored the Gary Player Invitational. A successful 2018 event saw legends of the game unite to raise over $100,000for various children’s charities including Depaul UK, whose mission is to empower young people experiencing homelessness, providing emergency accommodation, supported housing and other services to help rebuild lives.
Berenberg has actively supported the sport of golf for many years, having previously been the title sponsor of The European Senior Tour’s Berenberg Masters and sponsorship of high-calibre brand ambassadors, including Gary Player, Tom Watson, Fred Couples, Mark O’Meara and German legend, Bernhard Langer.
The German bank is the title sponsor of the Berenberg Gary Player Invitational events hosted at Wentworth (London) and GlenArbor (New York). Berenberg is joined by Rolex, SAP and Lavazza as sponsors of the London event on July 22.
Looking ahead to the 2019 event, David Mortlock, Head of Berenberg’s Investment Bank, commented: “We’re delighted to once again be supporting this fantastic event and the efforts to raise money for very worthy causes. It’s an easy decision for us to assist Gary Player in his quest to change as many lives as possible through an event that is loved by so many.”
Marc Player, CEO of Black Knight International and founder of the series, added: “This event wouldn’t be possible without all our sponsors of the Gary Player Invitational series. The funds raised at Wentworth will undoubtedly help make a difference to many young lives through The Player Foundation, and we are forever grateful of the support of all of our sponsors, partners and the professionals who support the event year-after-year.”
Among the headline players at the 2019 Berenberg Gary Player Invitational are 2014 Ryder Cup Captain and eight-time Major winner, Tom Watson, and his world-renowned compatriots, Mark O’Meara, Fred Couples and Tom Lehman. Ian Woosnam, Thomas Bjorn, Sam Torrance and Colin Montgomerie are among the star names originating from a little closer to home. Each team will consist of two amateur guests competing alongside one female and one male professional.
- Korean Teenager Kim on a One-Track Mission to Achieve PGA Tour Dream
- Dustin Johnson is 2020 PGA Tour Player of the Year, Scheffler Voted PGA Tour Rookie of the Year
- Korea’s Kim Reveals Secret to His Success
- China’s Zhang Plans on Being Among the Elite in Third Season on PGA Tour
- Johnson, Morikawa, Rahm, Simpson and Thomas Nominated for 2020 PGA Tour Player of the Year
- Asian Stars Kiradech and Lahiri Hoping for Strong Start to New Season at Safeway Open
- Dustin Johnson Wins Tour Championship FedEx Cup Finale; Korea’s Im, the Best Asian Finisher
- PGA Tour to Feature a Super Season for 2020-21
- Ground-Breaking Joint Venture Creates New Legends Tour
- Zozo Championship Moves to Sherwood Country Club in California in October
- More news...