Tabuena Wins The Queen’s Cup Hosted by Jaidee Foundation
Miguel Tabuena of the Philippines signed for a stunning four-under-par 66 in the final round of the Queen’s Cup hosted by Jaidee Foundation to end a three-year title drought on the Asian Tour.
The 24-year-old Filipino dug deep into his reserves to hold off the challenge from the fast-chasing field after he birdied four of his closing six holes to reign supreme on a 20-under-par 260 total at the Legacy Golf Club.
Tabuena’s last victory came in 2015 when he secured his maiden win at his National Open. He traded five birdies against a lone bogey on the first hole to take his long-awaited return into the Asian Tour winner’s circle.
With his victory, Tabuena took home a winner’s prize purse of US$90,000 and moved up to 15th place on the Habitat for Humanity Standings.
American Johannes Veerman made a charge on the final day after carding a bogey-free 66 highlighted by four birdies, but he was unable to catch up with the relentless pace of Tabuena and settled for second place on 263 at the US$500,000 event hosted by Thai legend Thongchai Jaidee.
Home favourite Jazz Janewattanond had a chance to complete a successful title defence after reeling in three birdies from the 11th. However, he struggled to a dropped-shot on the last and left Tabuena running away with a three-shot victory.
The Queen’s Cup is celebrating it’s 11th edition on the Asian Tour this week and Thongchai assumed the responsibility of hosting for the first time on the region’s premier Tour, in his efforts to draw attention to his foundation.
260 – Miguel Tabuena (PHI) 65-63-66-66.
263 – Johannes Veerman (USA) 62-65-70-66.
264 – Jazz Janewattananond (THA) 65-63-68-68.
267 – Natipong Srithong (THA) 66-66-65-70.
268 – Chapchai Nirat (THA) 70-69-64-65.
269 – Shiv Kapur (IND) 69-68-65-67, Sarit Suwannarut (THA) 68-66-67-68.
- Sadom Aces the Thongchai Jaidee Foundation
- European Tour Legends and ASEAN Stars Set to Lock Horns at Maybank Championship
- China’s Li Haotong Consolidates Second Place Position in International Team
- Pakistan Open Makes a Return to the Asian Circuit in March
- New Enhancements to Elevate Genesis Open Status on PGA TOUR in 2020
- Early Commitments to Women in Golf Charter Show Promise
- Richest Prize in Golf and Increased Race to Dubai Points Headline European Tour End of Season Changes
- European Tour Signs Exclusive Digital Broadcast Deal with China’s Sina Sports
- New Father Lahiri Returns to PGA TOUR Action at Star-Laden Genesis Open
- Kiradech Targeting a Strong Finish at the WGC-Mexico Championship
- More news...