KLGCC’s Sustainability Efforts Achieve International Recognition at Energy Management Leadership Awards 2021
Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club (KLGCC) reaffirmed its status as one of the most sustainable Golf and Country Clubs in Malaysia by receiving the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) Award of Excellence in Energy Management by the Clean Energy Ministerial, in recognition of the Club’s exemplary implementation of the ISO 50001 Energy Management System Standards.
KLGCC is one of the four organisations to earn this distinctive recognition among the 32 case studies submitted from 20 participating countries at CEM’s Energy Management Leadership Awards in 2021, which acknowledges institutions that demonstrate excellent leadership in energy management worldwide.
Sime Darby Property Group Managing Director and KLGCC Berhad Director, Dato’ Azmir Merican, said that the Club has long practised a sustainable approach for its operations to yield long-term benefits for its stakeholders.
“This award is a strong recognition of the Club’s consistent efforts in applying holistic and sustainable business practices within the leisure industry. As one of the nation’s top golf and country clubs, we are proud to set exemplary sustainable approaches internally to generate a positive impact externally,” said Dato’ Azmir.
The Club has established ISO 50001-certified practices since 2013 and continues to consciously execute strategic and innovative energy-saving approaches across luxurious premises.
In 2019, the Club successfully reduced its energy consumption by 54% for its Liquid Petroleum Gas and 22% from electricity use, undertaking various sustainable approaches.
These include fitting energy-saving LED bulbs, standardising temperature across the Club, and installing energy-efficient heat-pumps to replace its previous gas-based hot water system.
These environmentally friendly approaches have resulted in a total reduction of 20% carbon emission on just energy consumption for the Club to date and KLGCC will remain committed to undertaking more eco-conscious and energy-efficient practices across its business.
Other Course Highlights
- New state-of-the-art accommodation to improve overall experience for golfers at PGA NovaWorld Phan Thiet
- New Integrated Software installed at the PGA NovaWorld Phan Thiet in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s newest premier golf destination joins Asian Golf Industry Federation and International Association of Golf Tour Operators
- Sentosa’s Serapong Reaches New Heights in Golf Digest World’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses
- Greg Norman-Designed PGA NovaWorld Phan Thiet is Nominated for World’s Best New Golf Course’ at World Golf Awards
- PGA NovaWorld Phan Thiet Welcomes International Visitors as Vietnam Reopens Border
- KLGCC’s Sustainability Efforts Achieve International Recognition at Energy Management Leadership Awards 2021
- Troon Golf and Emaar Hospitality Group Mark 20TH Anniversary of Partnership with Celebratory Event
- KGA Welcomes New Golf Course Superintendent
- Yas Links Abu Dhabi Partners with Marriott Business Council to Raise Funds for Operation Smile UAE
- More news...