Nick Faldo Announces New Design in Vietnam
Six-time Major Champion Nick Faldo recently revealed his latest golf course design with a new peninsula layout near Hanoi, Vietnam – Thanh Lanh Golf Club – wowing golfers with lakeside views and mountain horizons.
The unique setting is celebrated from all angles of the design, with the site’s returning nines routing reimagining the peninsula layout and inviting the landscape into the playing experience across every hole.
Away from the surrounding views, the design harnesses the natural context of the course and responds to it through the detailing of features, most notably using unique bunker shaping to mirror the overlooking mountain skyline.
Having recently adapted to remote working and virtual design direction in the latter stages of construction, the World Golf Hall of Famer is set to complete work this summer on the new 18-hole course in Vinh Phuc Province near Hanoi.
“This is a special site and presents us with an opportunity to create a memorable, world-class golf course. In addition to 9 lakeside holes, our design features spectacular mountain and lake views from all 18 holes. We are also very fortunate to be working with a client who shares the same vision as we do in terms of incorporating the existing natural landscape into a high-quality strategic golf course and development,” said Faldo
The course will measure at over 7,000 yards and present a strategic challenge using preserved local features, such as natural streams and relief, to create interest and shot variation around all 18-holes. However, with five sets of tees, the design offers an inviting playing experience for all golfing abilities with generous tee shots and downhill run-offs supporting shorter hitters.
“The closing stretch, I think quite fittingly, encompasses much of what we’ve tried to achieve by returning players along the shoreline of the lake to the new clubhouse with a magnificent mountain backdrop. This place certainly has memorability, and once visited, players will definitely want to return.”
Sustainable practices have also remained at the forefront of the design’s decision making, implementing a comprehensive planting programme to support an ongoing thriving environment in addition to the ‘cut and fill’ practice used during the course’s construction phases to eliminate any earthmoving waste at the site.
Other Course Highlights
- Tour Operators to Target Abu Dhabi, to Welcome International Golfers from Expanding Green List of Countries
- July is All About Families at Troon Abu Dhabi
- TPC Kuala Lumpur Ranked as Number 1 Malaysian Golf Course Again
- Adare Manor Marks Reopening by Offering Exclusive Access with New 3D Tours
- Saadiyat Beach Golf Club Continues to Set New Standards for Sustainability Practices in the Region
- Sentosa Golf Club Goes Electric with Porsche Destination Charging
- The Els Club Malaysia Appoint Golf Industry Stalwarts as General Manager and Group Director of Agronomy
- Sentosa Golf Club Aiming to Become World’s First Carbon Neutral Golf Club
- PGA National Czech Republic is a Trailblazer in Environmentally Sustainable Golf
- Nick Faldo Announces New Design in Vietnam
- More news...