The All-New Titleist Tour Speed Golf Ball is a High Performance Ball Offering Enhanced Speed
The new Titleist Tour Speed, a high performance, multilayer golf ball with a proprietary thermoplastic urethane cover provides golfers with the fastest, best-performing golf ball in its category. Extensive testing with amateur players has shown that the performance of Tour Speed is further enhanced by the superior quality and consistency of Titleist’s precision manufacturing process.
Tour Speed offers a distinct and compelling performance option in the Titleist golf ball family through its innovative three-piece design, delivering a unique combination of exceptional distance in the long game and precise short game scoring control:
- A new high-speed core formulation combined with Titleist’s fastest ionomer casing layer delivers maximum speed and low long game spin for category-leading distance. Tour Speed is supposedly faster and longer than Callaway Chrome Soft, Bridgestone Tour B RX, TaylorMade Tour Response, Srixon Z-STAR and Srixon Q-STAR TOUR.
- Tour Speed’s thermoplastic urethane (TPU) cover is proprietary Titleist golf ball technology specifically formulated by R&D chemists, delivering greenside spin for short game scoring control with soft feel.
- The exceptional distance of Tour Speed is enhanced by a new 346 quadrilateral dipyramid dimple design that provides a penetrating, consistent flight.
“Golfers can trust that when they tee up a Titleist, they are getting superior performance and quality versus the competition,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “Our golf ball scientists and engineers have gone to extraordinary lengths in the development of Tour Speed – testing numerous core formulations and aerodynamic patterns while formulating and analysing hundreds of TPU cover blends – to deliver on that promise. We have made every investment necessary in these new technologies, including a significant expansion of our manufacturing facility and process.”
Extensive Amateur Testing
In addition to Titleist’s robot testing protocol, the performance of Tour Speed has been validated through rounds of comprehensive amateur testing, including:
- A three-month R&D test market conducted in the United States and Canada for the experimental golf ball EXP•01 – a prototype created during the development process for what has now become Tour Speed; and
- A golf ball performance study of amateur golfers led by Fordie Pitts, Titleist’s R&D golf ball consultant on the PGA Tour. The blind test, conducted at the Manchester Lane Test Facility in Massachusetts, evaluated Tour Speed prototypes versus a wide range of current Titleist and competitive golf ball models.
“Every new Titleist golf ball must exceed our stringent machine and player testing targets in order to advance from the R&D phase,” said Scott Cooper, Titleist Golf Ball R&D’s lead implementation engineer for Tour Speed. “All of the data and golfer feedback we’ve collected has been clear: Tour Speed is consistently the fastest, longest and most preferred golf ball among the competitive urethane-covered products in this category.”
The new Titleist Tour Speed is available in Malaysia beginning early October. MAP RM189.60. SRP RM237.
Other Equipment News
- PUMA Golf Scripts for the 2020 US Open
- New Titleist Drivers Debut on PGA and European Tours
- Titleist T-Series T100•S and T200 – Player’s Distance Irons in Limited Black Finish
- Tiger Woods’ 2020 Nike Golf Shoes – Classic Look with Modern Performance.
- Vokey Design Introduces Limited Jet Black SM8 Wedges
- Play what the Pros Play with the Athlete Edition TP5x Custom Player Numbers.
- Skechers GO GOLF Torque-Twist Shoes for Comfort, Good Traction and Proctection
- The All-New Titleist Tour Speed Golf Ball is a High Performance Ball Offering Enhanced Speed
- Puma Golf Scripts for the 2020 PGA Championship
- The Garmin MARQ Golfer is the Modern Tool-Watch that Scores On and Off the Course
- More news...