Callaway Golf Introduces Next Generation of Chrome Soft & Chrome Soft X Tour Balls
Callaway Golf Malaysia recently introduced the next generation of Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X, designed to elevate Tour ball performance to the next level. Both have been fully redesigned to promote more speed & distance while maintaining the great feel and spin characteristics Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X are renowned for.
What’s New About Chrome Soft
Redesigned Dual SoftFast core with a thirty-four per cent (34%) larger volume inner core and a thinner, graphene-infused outer core promotes fast ball speed and increased wedge spin. New mantle system formulated of proprietary, high-energy ionomer to promote fast ball speed. Ten per cent (10%) thinner urethane cover promotes less spin on full shots to promote distance while maintaining soft feel and excellent greenside spin and control. New lower drag aerodynamic dimple pattern promotes higher launch, higher flight and long-distance.
What’s New About Chrome Soft X
Significantly larger SoftFast core promotes faster ball speed. Fifteen per cent (15%) thinner cover lowers spin on full shots to promote distance. New mantle system combines a softer inner mantle with a firmer outer mantle, both consisting of proprietary ionomer blends, to promote faster ball speed. Firm outer mantle works with the new, thinner cover to promote increased greenside spin and control. New lower drag aerodynamic dimple pattern promotes a penetrating flight and longer distance.
Chrome Soft vs. Chrome Soft X Performance Comparison
|Feel||Forgiveness||Flight||Long Game Spin||Short Game Spin|
|Chrome Soft X||Soft||High||Workable||Low||High|
Callaway Reinvents the Tour Ball — Again
“We’ve reinvented Tour ball performance again with our new Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X,” said Dr Alan Hocknell, Callaway SVP of R&D. “Redesigning both models from the inside out allows us to give golfers more of what they want in a Tour ball – long distance, great feel and a spin profile that promotes low spin on full shots and high spin around the green.”
The new generation of Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X are prime example of the rewards Callaway is reaping from its continued commitment to improving its world-class golf ball manufacturing plant in Chicopee, MA. Callaway has invested upwards of US$50 million over the past several years to revitalize the facility by incorporating modern machinery and materials to provide best-in-class innovation and performance in every golf ball category.
The Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X will be available at all major golf retailers in South East Asia. Please contact the local retailers for availability.
Other Equipment News
- Titleist Introduces Next Generation T-Series Irons at PGA Tour’s Travelers Championship
- FootJoy Announces Exciting New Additions to the Popular FJ Flex Franchise
- adidas Steps Forward with Sustainable Products in Golf
- Cobra Golf’s First Complete Line of 3D Printed Multi-Material Putters
- Cobra Golf’s The King Vintage Family of Putters are Named After Classic Sports Cars
- Puma Golf Celebrates the Second Major of the Year with a Collection of Apparel, Footwear & Accessories Inspired by South Carolina’s Southern Heritage
- Titleist Introduces New Players and Hybrid Stand Bags
- Puma Golf’s Latest Excellent Golf Wear Collection is Inspired by Sport, Lifestyle and Street Culture
- Titleist Introduces Limited Edition M Grind Vokey Wedge for South-East Asia
- Science Sexy is How One Describes PXG’S 0211
- More news...