The New Titleist AVX Golf Ball – Higher Speed, Longer Distance, More Control
The next generation of Titleist AVX is engineered for greater ball speed, longer distance and increased short-game spin – advancing the multi-component golf ball technology that has produced breakthrough results for golfers who prioritize distance and extremely soft feel.
First introduced in the spring of 2018 following a comprehensive four-month test market, AVX was developed as a performance alternative to sit alongside Titleist’s industry-leading Pro V1 and Pro V1x models – offering the lowest flight, lowest spin and softest feel of the three premium performance offerings.
From core to cover, every piece of the new Titleist AVX golf ball has been reengineered to deliver improved total performance from tee to green:
- The engine of 2020 AVX – a larger, reformulated low compression core – works in combination with a redesigned high flex casing layer to deliver greater ball speed and low long game spin for more distance.
- A new, thinner cast urethane cover – specifically formulated for AVX by Titleist Golf Ball R&D chemists – delivers increased spin and control for improved greenside performance.
- The increased core size also produces an even softer-feeling AVX.
“In our ongoing discussions with golfers, we are constantly meeting players who tell us, ‘AVX is the ball I’d been waiting for,’ ” said Frederick Waddell, Senior Product Manager, Titleist Golf Balls. “At the same time, we’ve been able to lean on those golfers to better understand how they experience AVX and what we can do to help them shoot lower scores. The improvements to AVX are a direct result of their insights and the inventiveness of our R&D team to take this design to the next level – and we expect golfers to see better numbers across the board. The new AVX is faster and longer, it performs better around the green, and delivers even more of the incredibly soft feel that golfers love about this product.”
Every AVX is made by Titleist associates in the company’s state-of-the-art Ball Plant 3 manufacturing facility to the highest performance and quality specifications in the industry, ensuring the most consistent performance ball to ball, and dozen to dozen.
2020 AVX Performance & Technology
AVX delivers unmatched performance in a low compression, multi-layered construction through proprietary core, cover and aerodynamic technologies:
- New, Larger Core Formulationgenerates high speed and low long game spin to drive more distance with exceptionally soft feel.
- Redesigned High Flex Casing Layerpromotes higher ball speed and lower spin on long shots for enhanced distance.
- New, Thinner Cast Urethane Elastomer Cover System has been specifically formulated by Titleist R&D to provide greater ball speed and increased greenside spin and control.
- Unique Catenary Aerodynamic Dimple Design delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots.
The new Titleist AVX is available in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand golf shops beginning Feb. 1. MAP RM228.80 (Malaysia).
Other Equipment News
- Puma Golf Scripts for the 2020 PGA Championship
- The Garmin MARQ Golfer is the Modern Tool-Watch that Scores On and Off the Course
- TaylorMade’s Jon Rahm Wins Memorial Tournament & Climbs to World No.1
- Bryson DeChambeau Captures Sixth PGA Tour Victory at the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FootJoy Introduces New Addition Flex Coastal to the Popular FJ Flex Franchise
- Vokey Wedgeworks Launches Tour-Proven Low Bounce K Grind
- Honma’s Newest TR20 Golf Clubs Deliver Speed for Accomplished Players.
- Colantotte’s Releases New Simple Designs
- New ONOFF AKA Line Launched
- The New 2020 GIII 8 Family Reaches Malaysia
- More news...