Scotty Cameron Introduces New Phantom X 12.5 Putter
Scotty Cameron has added a new model to the 2019 Phantom X family – the Phantom X 12.5 – to meet the needs of players seeking a stable mallet with more toe flow and a new alignment option. A left-handed Phantom X 12.5 model also joins the lineup.
Available beginning Dec. 12 in North American golf shops and on Feb. 14, 2020, worldwide, Phantom X 12.5 joins a cohesive Phantom X family that now includes 10 modern mallet designs built around five different head styles. Phantom X 12.5 provides golfers with a new setup option – featuring a low-bend shaft configuration and a tour-inspired single milled sight line – built around the family’s flagship model, the high-MOI Phantom X 12.
Like every putter in the lineup, the Phantom X 12.5 incorporates Scotty’s tour-inspired, multi-material construction methodology of combining 303 stainless steel and 6061 aircraft-grade aluminium for increased MOI, optimal weight distribution, forgiveness, improved sound and responsive feedback.
“Every time we introduce a new putter line, I receive requests from tour players and dedicated golfers for additional setups and configurations. Phantom X 12.5 is the result of some of those requests. I added the low-bend shaft for extra toe flow and also designed a new alignment option by milling a single sight line down the centre painted black for a very clean look from address. It really sets up nicely. Adding this new model also gave me the opportunity to make a left-handed version designed so everyone can take advantage of the performance benefits of the Phantom X 12.5,” said Scotty Cameron.
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12.5 putters will be available in Malaysia on February 14, 2020, through Titleist authorized golf shops. MAP RM 1,920.
PHANTOM X 12.5 PERFORMANCE AND TECHNOLOGY
• LOW-BEND SHAFT CONFIGURATION: The Phantom X 12.5 has a stepless steel shaft with one shaft of offset and a single “low-bend” designed to aim directly down the target line and promote an arc path for more toe flow in the putting stroke.
• TOUR-INSPIRED ALIGNMENT: Addressing requests from tour players and dedicated golfers alike, Scotty added a continuous, single centre sight line milled from the leading edge to the back of the flange – painted gloss black – offering a new alignment feature for the Phantom X line.
• LEFT-HANDED MODEL: Adding a new configuration to the family, the Phantom X 12.5 is also available for left-handed players.
• MULTI-MATERIAL HEAD WITH SOLID FACE TECHNOLOGY: The Phantom X 12.5 mallet is constructed with a standard-milled, 6061 aircraft aluminium face anodized black that extends back and through the flange area surrounded by heavier 303 stainless steel wings for high-MOI and stability.
PHANTOM X WEIGHTING & GRIP
New Phantom X 12.5 putters feature the line’s advanced stability weighting with two, customizable stainless steel heel-toe weights and stepless steel shafts, as well as the Pistolero Plus grip in cement gray with gloss black paintfill.
FINISH & GRAPHICS
The Phantom X 12.5 model’s aircraft grade aluminium components have been anodized black in a misted finish that helps to reduce sun glare. The stainless steel putter head components have also been misted for a radiant yet glare resistant appearance. The single milled sight line, painted gloss black, provides a subtle tone-on-tone visual alignment guide.
Other Equipment News
- Bryson DeChambeau Captures Sixth PGA Tour Victory at the Rocket Mortgage Classic
- FootJoy Introduces New Addition Flex Coastal to the Popular FJ Flex Franchise
- Vokey Wedgeworks Launches Tour-Proven Low Bounce K Grind
- Honma’s Newest TR20 Golf Clubs Deliver Speed for Accomplished Players.
- Colantotte’s Releases New Simple Designs
- New ONOFF AKA Line Launched
- The New 2020 GIII 8 Family Reaches Malaysia
- Revolutionary Comfort
- Garmin Introduces the Approach S62 Premium Golf Smartwatch
- Built, Tested, and Designed for the Majors
- More news...