Callaway JAWS MD5 Wedge – The Most Aggressive Groove in Golf
Callaway Golf Malaysia recently announced the new Callaway JAWS MD5 Wedges built by Callaway Chief Designer and master wedge maker Roger Cleveland. JAWS MD5 marks a breakthrough in wedge design and performance. Mr Cleveland and his extensive R&D team have created a new JAWS Groove to take spin and control to the next level. The end result is a wedge that delivers total performance, with premium shapes, striking finishes, outstanding versatility, and exceptional spin. These new premium wedges will be available at all major golf retailers in South East Asia starting October 2019.
The Company’s proprietary JAWS groove has been dramatically enhanced in JAWS MD5, elevating the groove-edge sharpness to create maximum grip and spin from all types of lies. These wedges also incorporate the Company’s proven Groove-In-Groove Technology. The milled Micro-Positive grooves are placed in the flat parts of the face for added surface roughness and grip. Three raised micro-ridges are featured between each groove, adding grip to the ball’s cover to increase spin on a variety of shots.
The wedges are all meticulously crafted, and each JAWS groove is rendered to the tightest tolerances that Callaway has ever achieved, promoting consistent spin-rates from shot to shot.
“The spin you get from the JAWS Groove is remarkable,” said Mr Cleveland. “From the control that you get around the green, with all of that spin, and a lower launch angle, it’s designed to deliver an incredible level of performance for every player.”
Additionally, JAWS MD5 provides a uniquely satisfying feel from an 8620 mild carbon steel construction and a precisely placed Center of Gravity. And this lineup is available in five grind options: S-Grind, W-Grind, an updated C-Grind, X-Grind, and a new low-bounce version of the W-Grind, which was created directly from Tour player feedback for increased playability around the green, while still employing the sole’s entire bounce on full shots. The C-Grind is also updated by reducing the bounce angle, widening the middle section of the sole and increasing the heel relief to increase its versatility.
The Callaway JAWS MD5 Wedge range is available in 48º, 50º, 52º 54º, 56º, 58º and 60º lofts.
Other Equipment News
- Cobra Golf’s New King Forged TEC Irons Offer Better Players Powerful Combination of Accuracy, Feel, Distance and Forgiveness in an Eye-Catching Design
- Titleist New TruFeel Golf Ball – The Softest-Feeling Titleist
- Callaway JAWS MD5 Wedge – The Most Aggressive Groove in Golf
- The Sublime Majesty
- Garmin Links Radar Functionality and Golf GPS Technology for the First Time to Bring Entertaining Gaming Experiences to the Approach G80
- PXG Malaysia’s New Mobile Fitting Van
- PXG Launches Stylish Apparel Line
- The Range is Unlimited
- TaylorMade Golf Refreshes P700 Series Irons Line-Up with Introduction of New P·790 Players Distance Irons
- TaylorMade Golf Introduces Tour Preferred Raw Design in New Milled Grind 2 Wedges
- More news...