Forest City Unveils Classic Golf Course
The Forest City Classic Golf Course, the second 18-hole golf course of the Forest City Golf Resort, was unveiled recently.
The inaugural event was organised in conjunction with the launch of the Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course last September.
“Forest City has been launched for three years. To date, we have invested RM 17 billion in Malaysia, created more than 9000 job opportunities. And we are the only foreign-invested company that has received PM Dr Mahathir’s award in Feb this year to recognize our CSR efforts to the local community, ” said Forest City Brand Management General Manager Zhou Jun
“It is expected that more than 20,000 units will be delivered this year. And more than 4,000 units have been handed over since March. With the opening of the duty-free shops, the industrial base that is put into operation, the opening of the American International School, the opening of the golf resort, the topping out of the landmark building and sky villa, Forest City is delivering its promise progressively.”
“The construction of the third golf course has been put into agenda, the groundbreaking and development plan will be announced soon,” she said.
The Legacy Golf Course, designed by the legendary Jack Nicklaus and son, has been drawing a strong number of golfers from Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam and Australia since its launch.
The launch of the Classic, another 18-hole golf course that features a three-dimensional garden landscape integrated with a golf terrain design concept, is set to be another icon that is expected to boost Johor golf tourism.
Meanwhile, Johor Menteri Besar Dato’ Dr Sahruddin Jamal, who launched the Classic Golf Course, said that he was impressed that the golf course was completed in less than 12 months.
“The speed and commitment shown by getting the plan and development of the project to materialize is admirable.”
“The Classic golf course will certainly contribute to the state’s economic growth, particularly the golf tourism industry,” Sahruddin said.
Also present at the grand opening were Country Garden Holdings Executive Director and Vice President Liang Guo Kun and Forest City Executive Director Dato Daing A. Malek Daing A. Rahaman.
In conjunction with the launch, Forest City organised a two-day golf tournament for the media which kicked off after the grand opening of the golf course. This is the second time that Forest City has organised a Media Cup tournament.
Just like last year, the second Media Cup tournament had media members from various countries pitting their skills in a friendly game of golf. And just like last year, the game was won by the International Team.
Other Course Highlights
- Major Champion Henrik Stenson Supports Environmental Campaign at the SMBC Singapore Open
- TPC Kuala Lumpur Kicks Off 2020 with a Bang!
- Laguna Lăng Cô Continues To Push The Boundaries After Being Awarded EarthCheck Gold Certification
- Kota Permai Golf & Country Club Ascends to Asia Pacific Level With Historic Wins at 2019 Asian Golf Awards
- Singapore’s Sentosa Golf Club Crowned ‘World’s Best Golf Club’ at World Golf Awards
- Culinary Pleasures at TPC Kuala Lumpur for November
- TPC KL’s West Course Named Best Golf Course in Malaysia at World Golf Awards
- TPCKL’s Cashless Driving Range Reopens
- Momentum Building for 59club Asia with Riverdale Golf Club Partnership Agreement
- Jose María Olazábal to Modernise Seve Ballesteros Design at Club de Campo Villa de Madrid
- More news...