Giving Back to the Community Through a Sustainable Project
Pertubuhan Rumah Amal Cahaya Tengku Ampuan Rahimah (RACTAR) recently received extra tender loving care from TPC Kuala Lumpur (TPCKL) in the form of a RM10,000 cash donation and a garden makeover project.
The RM10,000 fund was successfully raised by TPCKL’s Food and Beverage team during the Club’s popular Ramadan Buffet promotion. Meanwhile, the garden makeover project was initiated by TPCKL’s Landscape and Nursery team. Called the Urban Garden Project, the children at RACTAR learned basic gardening skills and planted edible greens such as Yardlong Bean, Hot Chilies, Ginger, Eggplant, Turmeric to name a few, and ways to prepare organic pesticide.
“In addition to exposing the children to gardening basics, the Urban Garden Project also aims to add value to RACTAR by encouraging the children to grow their own food to save cost and be healthier. This is part of TPC Kuala Lumpur’s effort in promoting an eco-friendly community through sustainable practices among the children,” said Steven Thielke, Chief Executive Officer of TPC Kuala Lumpur.
“We hope to gradually instil a caring sense for our mother nature through various sustainable projects in a fun and enjoyable way,” Thielke said adding that as the first and only fully certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary for Golf in Malaysia, TPCKL is committed to advocating eco-friendly practices beyond its premises.
The Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program (ACSP) for Golf is an award-winning education and international certification programme that helps golf courses protect and preserve our environment. The ACSP has six categories that include Environmental Planning, Wildlife and Habitat Management, Reduction in the use of chemicals and Safety, Water Conservation, Water Quality Management and Outreach Education. Designation as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary has been awarded to TPCKL upon meeting environmental management standards in the six listed areas.
Other Course Highlights
- Laguna Lăng Cô Continues To Push The Boundaries After Being Awarded EarthCheck Gold Certification
- Kota Permai Golf & Country Club Ascends to Asia Pacific Level With Historic Wins at 2019 Asian Golf Awards
- Singapore’s Sentosa Golf Club Crowned ‘World’s Best Golf Club’ at World Golf Awards
- Culinary Pleasures at TPC Kuala Lumpur for November
- TPC KL’s West Course Named Best Golf Course in Malaysia at World Golf Awards
- TPCKL’s Cashless Driving Range Reopens
- Momentum Building for 59club Asia with Riverdale Golf Club Partnership Agreement
- Jose María Olazábal to Modernise Seve Ballesteros Design at Club de Campo Villa de Madrid
- Jebsen & Jessen Technology Cements Position as Leading Solutions Provider in Turf & Irrigation
- Faldo Design’s Newest Course Opens for Play in Cambodia
- More news...