TPC Kuala Lumpur Becomes First Club in Malaysia to Receive Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Certification
TPC Kuala Lumpur (TPCKL) has been recognised as the first and only fully certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary for Golf in Malaysia.
The Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf Courses, endorsed by the United States Golf Association, provides information and guidance to help golf courses preserve and enhance wildlife habitat and protect natural resources. Golf courses from the United States, Africa, Australia, Canada, Central America, Europe, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia have achieved certification in the program.
“TPC Kuala Lumpur has shown a strong commitment to its environmental program. They are to be commended for their efforts to provide a sanctuary for wildlife on the golf course property,” said Christine Kane, CEO at Audubon International. “To reach certification, a course must demonstrate that they are maintaining a high degree of environmental quality in a number of areas,” explained Kane. These categories include Environmental Planning, Wildlife & Habitat Management, Outreach and Education, Chemical Use Reduction and Safety, Water Conservation, and Water Quality Management.
“We are committed towards establishing TPC Kuala Lumpur as an environment-friendly club, as we want to leave behind a rich legacy for future generations to inherit. We will continue to progressively promote eco-friendly initiatives at the club and set a benchmark for the hospitality and leisure industry in Malaysia,” said Steven Thielke, Chief Executive Officer of TPCKL.
In 2017, TPCKL launched its “Let’s Go Plastic Free” Campaign at the club’s Golfer’s Terrace and replaced plastic with paper products in the form of takeaway bags, straws, food containers and cups. Since 1 July 2019, usage of plastic bags at the TPCKL Clubhouse changing rooms were discontinued and the club advocated the use of reusable golf or gym bags. To further reduce the usage of plastics at TPCKL, water dispensers will be provided to replace single-use plastic water bottles.
During the month of Ramadan, TPCKL participates in the #ZerofoodWastage campaign by donating surplus food to Kechara Soup Kitchen, a local non-profit organisation that distributes food to the homeless. Also, TPCKL is an avid supporter of the Earth Hour global movement.
TPCKL is first and only club in the world that hosted the European Tour, PGA TOUR and LPGA all within the same year from 2013 to 2015. TPCKL is also the first and only Tournament Players Club (TPC) in Southeast Asia. TPCs are noted for their impeccable standards on golf courses and are the ultimate host venues for PGA TOUR events.
Other Course Highlights
- Laguna Lăng Cô Continues To Push The Boundaries After Being Awarded EarthCheck Gold Certification
- Kota Permai Golf & Country Club Ascends to Asia Pacific Level With Historic Wins at 2019 Asian Golf Awards
- Singapore’s Sentosa Golf Club Crowned ‘World’s Best Golf Club’ at World Golf Awards
- Culinary Pleasures at TPC Kuala Lumpur for November
- TPC KL’s West Course Named Best Golf Course in Malaysia at World Golf Awards
- TPCKL’s Cashless Driving Range Reopens
- Momentum Building for 59club Asia with Riverdale Golf Club Partnership Agreement
- Jose María Olazábal to Modernise Seve Ballesteros Design at Club de Campo Villa de Madrid
- Jebsen & Jessen Technology Cements Position as Leading Solutions Provider in Turf & Irrigation
- Faldo Design’s Newest Course Opens for Play in Cambodia
- More news...