Lexi Thompson Captures her 11TH LPGA Victory at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer with a King F9 Speedback Driver in the Bag
With a stunning eagle on 18, Cobra Puma Golf athlete Lexi Thompson shot a final round 67 to capture her 11thcareer victory at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer.
After battling back from a tough start in the second round, Thompson kicked off the final day with a birdie on the first hole and ended with a clutch eagle on 18 to win the tournament by two shots with a bag of COBRA clubs. She played the par 5s -11 for the week, with an average driving distance of 263 with her winning King F9 Speedback driver. Throughout the week, Thompson was dressed head-to-toe in PUMA Golf apparel, accessories and footwear from the brand’s Spring, Summer 2019 collection.
This is the fifth win on the LPGA and PGA Tour for the KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver, featuring COBRA’s breakthrough SPEEDBACK Technology, which, for the first time in golf, successfully combines a highly aerodynamic clubhead shape with low CG. SPEEDBACK is a game-changing advancement in the way a driver is engineered. The combination of an efficient aerodynamic shape and an engineered weight structure on the sole improves club speed while maintaining a low, deep CG to create the most efficient transfer of energy to the ball. Utilizing a CNC Precision Milled Face, created using industry-leading face manufacturing technology, allows for a thinner and hotter face design that has shown ball speed increases up to 1.5 mph when tested against a traditional, hand-polished face. These technologies fuse to deliver the ultimate formula for speed and extreme distance.
Details of the COBRA Golf Clubs in Thompson’s bag:
- Driver: KING F9 SPEEDBACK 9° | Yellow | Mitsubishi Diamana 50x
- 3 Wood: KING LTD 13.5° Lexi Blue | Graphite Design GP 6s
- 5 Wood: KING LTD 18.5° | Graphite Design DI 7s
- Irons: Cobra S2 Forged irons 3, 6-PW | Rifle Project X 5.0 shafts
- Wedges: KING V Grind | Dynamic Gold S200| 48°, 52°, 56°, 60°
PUMA’s apparel collection showcases new, cool graphics, an evolved colour palate and elevated technical elements, that are designed to enhance on-course performance and be worn on and off course. Click the link for more of Lexi’s looks this week: https://www.cobragolf.com/pumagolf/women/clothing.
Other Equipment News
- Puma Golf Delivering Style for the Links at the 2019 Open Championship
- Titleist Introduces New U Series Utility Irons
- Fowler to Debut PUMA’s X Collection at the 2019 Open Championship
- PUMA Golf Launches New Styles in the Brand’s Iconic Suede Shoes
- PXG Launches New 0211 Irons
- Gary Woodland Captures his First Major Title at the 2019 U.S. OPEN
- PUMA Athletes to Sport Fresh PUMA Golf Apparel and Footwear along with a Custom COBRA + Vessel US Open Tour Staff Bag
- Spieth’s Shades of Blue at Pebble Beach
- Lexi Thompson Captures her 11TH LPGA Victory at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer with a King F9 Speedback Driver in the Bag
- Titleist Introduces Ultra-Lightweight TS1 Driver for Effortless Distance
- More news...