Titleist Introduces Ultra-Lightweight TS1 Driver for Effortless Distance
The new ultra-lightweight Titleist TS1 driver is the fastest way for players with moderate swing speeds to experience the joy of effortless distance.
Available for fittings beginning July 15 (and in shops July 26), the new TS1 offers the technologies developed through the Titleist Speed Project in an incredibly light 275-gram design. The weighting of TS1 has been strategically trimmed to maximize launch and distance at moderate swing speeds while maintaining the precision fitting capabilities of Titleist’s SureFit Hosel and a high MOI for stability and forgiveness.
With the addition of TS1 to the new TS driver family, moderate speed golfers can now experience the explosive ball speed and distance gains that have made Titleist TS2, TS3 and TS4 the most played driver models this season on the PGA Tour.
“There are so many golfers that can benefit from the performance of TS1,” said Josh Talge, Vice President, Titleist Golf Club Marketing. “For seniors, women, juniors – really anyone who is the moderate swing speed player – TS1 is an absolute powerhouse. You can swing as smooth and easy as you want and the ball just takes off. The distance just feels effortless.”
“With our four new TS models – TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4 – we know that any golfer who walks into a fitting can find a Titleist driver that will max out their speed and performance,” Talge said.
TS1 ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT CONFIGURATION
From clubhead to grip, TS1 has been strategically engineered and weighted to deliver maximum launch and distance at moderate swing speeds:
• The 275-gram overall weight (shaft dependent) – an incredible 45 grams lighter than the TS2 model, with an 8-gram lighter head weight – generates faster clubhead speeds.
• Ultra-lightweight stock shaft – Fujikura Air Speeder weighs in at 40 grams (L flex: 35 grams) delivering high launch for effortless distance.
• An extremely light 32-gram Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Lite grip is 20 grams lighter than the standard model. (Undersize model is 26 grams, 18 grams lighter than standard undersize).
“TS1 is designed for golfers who have a driver swing speed of approximately 85 mph and below, and are averaging about 220 yards or less off the tee,” said Stephanie Luttrell, Director, Metalwoods Development, Titleist Golf Club R&D. “By bringing our TS technology into this extremely lightweight configuration and adding a slight draw bias, we’ve been able to produce dramatic benefits for this group of players.”
“Anytime you can give someone more clubhead speed potential, the ability for them to generate ball speed is there. What separates TS1 from other competitive lightweight products is that we haven’t had to make sacrifices, particularly with MOI and adjustability,” Luttrell said. “Everything about TS1 – from the technology package to the tour-inspired look, sound and feel – makes this a TS driver and delivers on the promise of Titleist Speed.”
TS1 TECHNOLOGY & PERFORMANCE
The innovations used to drive ball speed and distance in TS2, TS3 and TS4 drivers have been optimized for TS1’s ultra-lightweight 460cc Speed Chassis (available in 9.5, 10.5 and 12.5 degree lofts):
• Ultra-Thin Titanium Crown. The thinnest cast titanium crown in the game allows weight to be redistributed for optimal performance at moderate swing speeds.
• Thinner, Faster Face. The fastest face Titleist has ever made, a refined Radial VFT (variable face thickness), increases ball speed and forgiveness. Every TS driver face undergoes a 100% CT inspection to ensure speed performance is at the maximum allowable limit.
• Streamlined Shape. The aerodynamic design reduces drag, allowing golfers to swing even faster for increased clubhead speed and more distance.
• Optimized Weight Distribution. TS1’s deep CG location has been optimized to generate the launch and spin needed by moderate speed players to carry the ball farther while maximizing off-centre ball speed through high MOI properties (similar to TS3).
• Industry-leading adjustability. Titleist’s patented SureFit Hosel, featuring 16 independent loft and lie settings, provides additional ball flight optimization through precision fitting. TS1’s SureFit Weight allows for head weight adjustability (from -4g to +6g in 2g increments).
PREMIUM STOCK SHAFT
Equipped with an ultra-lightweight premium stock shaft which complements the TS1’s design goal of high launch and effortless distance:
• The Fujikura Air Speeder 40/35R3 (high launch/mid-high spin) – the highest-launching shaft in the Titleist shaft matrix – is the latest version of Fujikura’s successful Air Speeder ultra-lightweight driver shaft line. The reduced weight enhances swing speed, while proprietary design and material technologies maintain strength and stability. S, R, R2 (Senior) flexes: 40 grams | R3 (Ladies) flex: 35 grams.
• The TS1 stock club length is 45.75 inches (Ladies: 44.5 inches).
FREE TRIAL & FITTINGS
Beginning July 15, golfers can experience the speed of TS1 and the entire TS metals family by attending a Titleist Fitting Day or Trial event (including Titleist Thursdays) being held at locations across South East Asia. To find an event, or book a free TS metals fitting with a Titleist Product Specialist, golfers can visit https://www.titleist.com.my/golf-club-fitting/appointments
The new Titleist TS1 drivers will be in golf shops July 26. Available lofts: 9.5 (RH), 10.5 (RH/LH), 12.5 (RH). MAP RM2,200.
Other Equipment News
- Puma Golf Delivering Style for the Links at the 2019 Open Championship
- Titleist Introduces New U Series Utility Irons
- Fowler to Debut PUMA’s X Collection at the 2019 Open Championship
- PUMA Golf Launches New Styles in the Brand’s Iconic Suede Shoes
- PXG Launches New 0211 Irons
- Gary Woodland Captures his First Major Title at the 2019 U.S. OPEN
- PUMA Athletes to Sport Fresh PUMA Golf Apparel and Footwear along with a Custom COBRA + Vessel US Open Tour Staff Bag
- Spieth’s Shades of Blue at Pebble Beach
- Lexi Thompson Captures her 11TH LPGA Victory at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer with a King F9 Speedback Driver in the Bag
- Titleist Introduces Ultra-Lightweight TS1 Driver for Effortless Distance
- More news...