The New TS4 Driver – An Ultra Low-Spin Design with Titleist Speed
The new Titleist TS4 driver provides golfers seeking ultra-low spin performance with the speed and distance gains that have made Titleist TS2 and TS3 the most played driver models this season on the PGA Tour.
The new TS4, which made its debut at the Valero Texas Open, is engineered to be a high-speed ultra low-spin design – challenging the notion that a driver designed for extreme spin reduction can’t produce this level of ball speed.
Available in golf shops and select fitting locations in late June, TS4 merges technologies developed through the Titleist Speed Project with a low, forward CG that neutralizes spin to produce a longer, more piercing ball flight.
“TS drivers have exceeded all our expectations both on tour and with golfers around the world,” said Josh Talge, Vice President of Marketing, Titleist Golf Clubs. “When it comes to driver performance, TS has shown that it’s no longer a one- or two-horse race.”
“While we know most golfers find their best fit in a TS2 or TS3 driver, there is a percentage of players out there with distinct performance needs, such as aggressive spin reduction,” Talge said. “TS4 is the ultra low-spin driver that still produces exceptional ball speed. If you want to hit it longer but are having trouble controlling spin off the tee, TS4 was made for you.”
TS4 Technology & Performance
The innovations used to drive ball speed in TS2 and TS3 drivers have been optimized for TS4’s 430cc Speed Chassis, designed to aggressively reduce spin and maximize distance for high-spin players:
• Ultra-Thin Titanium Crown. The thinnest cast titanium crown (20% thinner than 917 drivers) in the game allows weight to be redistributed low and forward for reduced spin.
• Thinner, Faster Face. The fastest face Titleist has ever made – a refined Radial VFT (variable face thickness) that reduces weight – delivers faster ball speeds and increased forgiveness. Every TS driver face undergoes a 100% CT inspection to ensure speed performance is at the maximum allowable limit.
• Streamlined Shape. The aerodynamic design of TS4 – featuring a 430cc classic, pear shape – reduces drag, allowing golfers to swing faster for increased club head speed and more distance.
• Low, Forward CG: The low and forward CG position (5mm forward vs. TS2) – highlighted by the placement of the SureFit Flatweight– produces ultra-low spin for a piercing ball flight that is straighter and more consistent.
Titleist’s patented SureFit Hosel, featuring 16 independent loft and lie settings, allows for additional ball flight optimization through precision fitting.
“When it comes to ultra low-spin drivers, there’s always going to be some tradeoff in terms of MOI,” Talge said. “But for those golfers who create too much spin because of the way they deliver the club head, we know through our player testing that TS4 can give them greater distance consistency versus what they would see in a higher-MOI product.”
Free Trial & Fittings
Golfers can experience the speed of TS2, TS3 – and now TS4 in late June – by attending a Titleist Fitting Day or Trial event (including Titleist Thursdays). To find an event, or book a free TS metals fitting with a Titleist Product Specialist, golfers can visit https://www.titleist.com.my/malaysia_club_fitting
Titleist TS4 drivers will be available in golf shops and fitting locations via custom order beginning late June. Available in 8.5, 9.5 (RH & LH) and 10.5 lofts. MAP RM2,260.
Other Equipment News
- Puma Golf Delivering Style for the Links at the 2019 Open Championship
- Titleist Introduces New U Series Utility Irons
- Fowler to Debut PUMA’s X Collection at the 2019 Open Championship
- PUMA Golf Launches New Styles in the Brand’s Iconic Suede Shoes
- PXG Launches New 0211 Irons
- Gary Woodland Captures his First Major Title at the 2019 U.S. OPEN
- PUMA Athletes to Sport Fresh PUMA Golf Apparel and Footwear along with a Custom COBRA + Vessel US Open Tour Staff Bag
- Spieth’s Shades of Blue at Pebble Beach
- Lexi Thompson Captures her 11TH LPGA Victory at the ShopRite LPGA Classic Presented by Acer with a King F9 Speedback Driver in the Bag
- Titleist Introduces Ultra-Lightweight TS1 Driver for Effortless Distance
- More news...