New Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x Now Available in High Optic Yellow
For the first time ever, golfers who choose the extraordinary distance, superior scoring control and unmatched consistency of Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls have a new colour option: high optic yellow.
Following a successful seeding and validation period on the PGA Tour, the new 2019 Pro V1 and Pro V1x Yellow golf balls will be available in golf shops this week – beginning Friday, March 15.
The introduction of a high-visibility yellow colour option to the Pro V1 family – the most played golf balls at every level of competitive golf and the best-selling models in the game – answers the growing demand from members of Team Titleist and golfers around the world.
Pro V1 and Pro V1x Yellow first appeared on the PGA Tour in late January at the Waste Management Phoenix Open, where Bubba Watson put a 2019 Pro V1x Yellow immediately in play.
“I’m loving the new Pro V1x Yellow. When the R&D guys sent me the first batch of them for testing, I couldn’t wait to get them in play,” said Watson, who currently leads the PGA Tour’s average driving distance category at 316.6 yards. “I played some really good golf with the [prior generation] Pro V1x, but it’s clear the 2019 ball is even better. It’s faster, I can work the ball exactly how I want, and the short game performance is as good as ever. The ball feels great, plus there’s just something about that bright yellow finish where I feel like I can see it better. For me, it was a no brainer.”
On Sunday, Kirk Triplett, playing Pro V1x Yellow, eagled the second hole of a sudden-death playoff to win the PGA Tour Champions’ Hoag Classic, marking the first victory for a Pro V1 or Pro V1x Yellow golf ball on the worldwide professional tours.
Pro V1 and Pro V1x Yellow models have also been played on the PGA Tour by Kyle Jones (Pro V1x) and Rory Sabbatini (Pro V1x), on the Web.com Tour by Scott Gutschewski (Pro V1) and Zac Blair (Pro V1x), and on PGA Tour Champions by Mark Calcavecchia (Pro V1x) and Ken Tanigawa (Pro V1).
Faster from core to cover, new Pro V1 and Pro V1x Yellow have been precisely engineered to deliver the same performance improvements as their 2019 counterparts – delivering more ball speed and lower long game spin for more distance, while retaining the consistent flight, Drop-and-Stop short game control, soft feel and long-lasting durability that golfers depend on. Click here for complete details.
Pro V1 provides optimal flight and spin for most golfers, flying lower than Pro V1x with a penetrating trajectory, with very soft feel. Pro V1x flies higher, spins more on iron shots and has a slightly firmer feel.
Playing a properly fit golf ball will help golfers shoot lower scores. The Titleist golf ball selection tool starts the fitting process by suggesting a recommended and alternative ball for golfers to test on the golf course. Link: https://www.titleist.com.my/golf-ball-fitting-tool
The new 2019 Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls are available now in golf shops worldwide, with yellow models available in Malaysia beginning March 15. RM$228.80 MAP.
Other Equipment News
- New Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x Now Available in High Optic Yellow
- Puma Golf Ambassadors Rickie Fowler, Bryson DeChambeau and Gary Woodland Will Dress to Impress for The PLAYERS Championship
- FJ Flex Offers Superb Comfort and Versatile Spikeless Traction
- adidas Golf Introduces New Forgefiber BOA Footwear
- Experience All-Around Comfort & Performance with the New FJ FURY
- Cobra Puma Golf Pro Rickie Fowler Captures Sixth Professional Career Win at the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open
- The R&A and The USGA Release 2018 Driving Distance Report
- Bryson DeChambeau Captures First International Victory with Cobra’s New King F9 Speedback Driver in the Bag
- The World of Golf Came Together to Drive Business Forward at the 66th PGA Merchandise Show
- Titleist Introduces New Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls – Engineered for More Speed
- More news...