Cobra Puma Golf Pro Rickie Fowler Captures Sixth Professional Career Win at the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open
Millions of viewers were treated to an exciting Sunday finish at the Waste Management Phoenix Open as Cobra Puma Golf athlete Rickie Fowler worked to hold on to his 54-hole lead and capture his sixth career victory. After an exciting fourth round, including a bizarre series of events on the par-4 11th, Fowler came back and shot a final round 74 to win, equipped with a full bag of Cobra equipment, including his new King F9 Speedback driver, Forged CB/MB irons, and his signature PUMA Golf Sunday orange apparel, accessories and footwear.
Fowler’s ball-striking was in top form, positioning him at #1 in birdies, #1 in strokes gained total and putting, and T6 in driving accuracy and scrambling this week. His Cobra Golf equipment, which helped fuel his excellent play and ultimately his win, included Cobra’s King F9 driver, which he put in the bag ahead of the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, features the brand’s breakthrough Speedback Technology, which, for the first time in golf, successfully combines a highly aerodynamic clubhead shape with low CG.
Speedback is a game-changing advancement in the way a driver is engineered. The combination of an efficient aerodynamic shape and an engineered weight structure on the sole improves club speed while maintaining a low, deep CG to create the most efficient transfer of energy to the ball. Fowler also switched out his 5wd this week for a new King F9 Speedback 4iron which features Speedback Technology and PWRShell face technologies for the ultimate combination of distance and forgiveness.
Details of the COBRA Golf Clubs in Fowler’s bag:
Driver: King F9 Speedback | Black & Yellow | 10.5-degree head, in 9-degree setting | Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7x shaft | 43.5in
3 Wood:King F8+ 3W | 14.5 degrees | Aldila Synergy 70X | 42in
Irons: King Forged MB Irons (4-P) | KBS Tour C-Taper S+ 125;
King F9 Speedback 4i | Graphite Design ADG 4 10x
Wedges: King V-Grind | 52°, 56°, 60° | True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter: Scotty Cameron for Titleist Newport 2 GSS prototype
Fowler brought his signature style and colour to the course in apparel, footwear and accessories from PUMA Golf’s Spring Summer ’19 collection, including the Rotation Polo and Rotation ¼ Zipin a new Irish Green colourway, and his representative Sunday orange for the win! Additionally, throughout the week, Fowler showcased custom gear inspired by the Greenest Show on Grass, including all-new, custom P and Patch Caps, a PUMA x Vessel Tour Stand Bagand a PUMA x CRU Headcover.
Other Equipment News
- New Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x Now Available in High Optic Yellow
- Puma Golf Ambassadors Rickie Fowler, Bryson DeChambeau and Gary Woodland Will Dress to Impress for The PLAYERS Championship
- FJ Flex Offers Superb Comfort and Versatile Spikeless Traction
- adidas Golf Introduces New Forgefiber BOA Footwear
- Experience All-Around Comfort & Performance with the New FJ FURY
- Cobra Puma Golf Pro Rickie Fowler Captures Sixth Professional Career Win at the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open
- The R&A and The USGA Release 2018 Driving Distance Report
- Bryson DeChambeau Captures First International Victory with Cobra’s New King F9 Speedback Driver in the Bag
- The World of Golf Came Together to Drive Business Forward at the 66th PGA Merchandise Show
- Titleist Introduces New Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls – Engineered for More Speed
- More news...