Callaway Becomes Official Partner to the European Tour
The European Tour has announced Callaway, the leading golf brand, as an Official Partner for the next five years.
Within this wide-reaching agreement across the family of Callaway owned brands, Callaway becomes the official driver, golf ball, shoe and golf bag brand of the Europe Tour; Odyssey and OGIO become the official putter and luggage brands respectively; and Callaway Apparel, plus the ‘new to Europe’ Travis Mathew brand, will be the official on-course apparel of the European Tour.
As well as Official Partner status, Callaway will also supply its market-leading Chrome Soft Golf Balls to driving ranges at European Tour events. Callaway will also drive awareness of Odyssey, the number one putter in golf, through a ‘putting leaderboard’ on TV broadcasts, which will showcase a new range of performance statistics at each European Tour event.
As part of the Official Partnership, Callaway will collaborate with the European Tour’s digital channels to create new content strands featuring the Callaway brands, products and their Staff Professionals.
Established in 1982 by the late Ely Callaway, the brand has a rich heritage of investing in European golf and boasts major-winning Staff Professionals at the pinnacle of the sport, including Sergio Garcia, Henrik Stenson and Danny Willett.
The Official Partnership begins at this week’s Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship presented by EGA – the first of eight Rolex Series event on the 2019 Race to Dubai.
Neil Howie, President & Managing Director of Callaway Golf Europe, said: “Securing this important leadership position with such a forward-thinking and committed organisation as the European Tour aligns perfectly with our own business goals of making the game more enjoyable and accessible through market-leading innovation and superior product performance.
“Callaway continues to enjoy a very strong and loyal following among players on the European Tour, Odyssey has been the number one brand for more than ten years and Rogue Drivers were the number one model in play across 2018, and we are excited about the impact of our recently launched Epic Flash family. We also look forward to the many tournament, broadcast and content opportunities that this new partnership will bring.”
Keith Pelley, Chief Executive Officer of the European Tour, said: “We are delighted to have Callaway on board as an Official Partner for the next five years. It is really exciting to form a new relationship with a brand dedicated to producing not only high-performance golf products but also delivering unique and engaging content to golfers across the globe.”
Other Equipment News
- New Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x Now Available in High Optic Yellow
- Puma Golf Ambassadors Rickie Fowler, Bryson DeChambeau and Gary Woodland Will Dress to Impress for The PLAYERS Championship
- FJ Flex Offers Superb Comfort and Versatile Spikeless Traction
- adidas Golf Introduces New Forgefiber BOA Footwear
- Experience All-Around Comfort & Performance with the New FJ FURY
- Cobra Puma Golf Pro Rickie Fowler Captures Sixth Professional Career Win at the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open
- The R&A and The USGA Release 2018 Driving Distance Report
- Bryson DeChambeau Captures First International Victory with Cobra’s New King F9 Speedback Driver in the Bag
- The World of Golf Came Together to Drive Business Forward at the 66th PGA Merchandise Show
- Titleist Introduces New Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls – Engineered for More Speed
- More news...