The Els Club Malaysia Desaru Coast Wins Malaysia Tourism Council Gold for ‘Best Resort Course 2018’
The Els Club Desaru Coast has been rewarded for its dedication to growing tourism in Malaysia at this year’s Malaysia Tourism Council Gold Awards. This award marks a successful calendar year for The Els Club Malaysia, which is the home of three signature Els Design golf courses in two scenic locations: in Desaru and upon the island of Langkawi.
The Malaysian Tourism Council (MTC) Gold Awards are a prestigious event for the tourism industry in the country and made their debut recently at the Palace of Golden Horses, Selangor.
The award recognises the successes of national and international travel and tourism agencies, as well as outstanding private sector companies and individuals. They pay tribute to those who have excelled and supported the development of tourism in Malaysia and are the highest accolades for individuals and organisations whose outstanding contributions play a significant role in the success of Malaysia’s tourism industry. The award was voted on by a panel of experts who are leading members of the Malaysian tourism community.
After picking up the ‘Best Resort Course 2018’ award, Stephen Havrilla, Group General Manager of The Els Club Malaysia, commented: “The MTC Gold Awards are a highlight of the Malaysian golf tourism calendar, and we are thrilled to be recognised as the ‘Best Resort Course 2018’ by the experts in the industry.
“Achieving this award is testament to the entire team here who are fully committed to providing a first-class experience to all of our guests. Our goal is to attract golfers from all over the world to have the complete golf experience and become immersed in the local culture. We aim to leave all guests with long lasting memories and a desire to return again and again.”
The Els Club Desaru Coast is an unrivalled tourism destination, which spans over 3,900 acres and 17km of stunning coastline adjacent to the South China Sea. The 45-hole property, which encompasses the Ernie Els and Vijay Singh-designed Valley Course alongside the Ocean Course, provides golfers with not only the excellence and quality of an Els-designed layout but also beautiful surroundings and world-class facilities to hone their skills. These include The Els Performance Golf Academy, which is the first of its kind in the region, the 261 Restaurant – a relaxed terrace experience with golf course views created as an ode to Ernie’s Open Championship successes at the Ocean Course, and the Lembah Restaurant at the Valley Course.
The amazing location, managed by Troon Golf, the world’s leading golf management group, attracts golfers and tourists alike from all over the world, providing a welcome boost to Malaysian tourism and broadening the appeal of the country’s extensive tourism offer.
Other Course Highlights
- Tiger Woods and Pacific Links International Reveal Designs for Hawaiian Masterpiece at Mākaha Valley Resort
- Sunningdale Golf Club to Host 2020 Senior Open Presented by Rolex
- ‘Lambaian Rasa’ Fasting Month Feast at TPC Kuala Lumpur
- Argentario Golf Resort & Spa Opens Stylish New Club House in Time for 2019 Golf Season
- Walmer & Kingsdown, Known as ‘The Club on the Cliffs’, Joins Golf in Kent Partnership
- Golfing Stars Touch Down in King Abdullah Economic City for the Saudi International
- Only Sentosa Delivers at SMBC Singapore Open
- Sentosa Golf Club’s Dragon’s Tail Set to Help Keep Things Green on the Serapong Course
- Any Development on Hong Kong Golf Club Would be an Act of Environmental Vandalism
- The Els Club Desaru Coast Introduces New Packages for Avid Golfers to Improve their Game Under Expert Tutelage
- More news...