Lexi Thompson Wins at the CME Group Tour Championship with a New King F9 SpeedBack Driver in the Bag
Cobra Puma Golf’s Lexi Thompson ended the 2018 season on a high note, capturing her 10th career victory at the CME Group Tour Championship. With this win, Thompson is projected to move to number two in the world.
Thompson shot a 68 on Saturday, heading into the final round with a three-shot lead. She continued her magnificent play with a 70 on Sunday, to win the tournament by 4 shots with a bag of COBRA clubs including a brand new, King F9 SpeedBack driver. Dressed head-to-toe in PUMA Golf apparel, accessories and footwear from the brand’s Autumn/Winter 2018 collection Thompson looked great while playing great.
Thompson debuted the new King F9 SpeedBack Driver in the bag at the TOTO Japan Classic a few weeks ago. The F9 driver features COBRA’s breakthrough SPEEDBACK Technology, which, for the first time in golf, successfully combines a highly aerodynamic clubhead shape with low CG.
SPEEDBACK is a game-changing advancement in the way a driver is engineered. The combination of an efficient aerodynamic shape and an engineered weight structure on the sole, improves club speed while maintaining a low, deep CG to create the most efficient transfer of energy to the ball.
Utilizing a CNC Precision Milled Face, created using industry-leading face manufacturing technology, allows for a thinner and hotter face design that has shown ball speed increases up to 1.5 mph when tested against a traditional, hand-polished face. These technologies fuse to deliver the ultimate formula for speed and extreme distance.
Details of the COBRA Golf Clubs in Thompson’s bag:
- Driver: KING F9 SPEEDBACK 9° | Yellow | Mitsubishi Diamana 50x
- 3 Wood: KING LTD 3wd 13.5° Lexi Blue | Graphite Design GP 6s
- Hybrid: FLY-Z 2/3 in Black 18° | Aldila Green NV 85 Stiff
- Irons: Cobra S2 Forged irons 3, 6-PW | Rifle Project X 5.0 shafts
- Wedges: KING V Grind | Dynamic Gold S200| 48°, 52°, 56°, 60°
Thompson’s win with the new King F9 SpeedBack driver is the second victory with the driver in its first three weeks of being out on Tour, joining fellow COBRA PUMA’s Bryson DeChambeau who won with the driver in Las Vegas.
PUMA Golf’s Autumn, Winter 2018 collection showcases new, sophisticated graphics, an evolved colour palate and elevated technical elements, that are designed to enhance on-course performance and be worn on and off course.
Other Equipment News
- Experience All-Around Comfort & Performance with the New FJ FURY
- Cobra Puma Golf Pro Rickie Fowler Captures Sixth Professional Career Win at the 2019 Waste Management Phoenix Open
- The R&A and The USGA Release 2018 Driving Distance Report
- Bryson DeChambeau Captures First International Victory with Cobra’s New King F9 Speedback Driver in the Bag
- The World of Golf Came Together to Drive Business Forward at the 66th PGA Merchandise Show
- Titleist Introduces New Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls – Engineered for More Speed
- Titleist Introduces New Scotty Cameron Phantom X Putters
- Callaway Becomes Official Partner to the European Tour
- PUMA Golf’s ‘Play Loose’ Collection Celebrates the Laidback Vibes of Coastal Living and Golfing
- Scotty Cameron Introduces New Select Fastback 2 and Squareback 1.5 Putters
- More news...