Bryson DeChambeau Hits the Jackpot with Cobra’s New King F9 Speedback Technology in Las Vegas
What’s happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas… except when one of the PGA TOUR’s most buzzworthy players wins, with one of the industry’s most talked about new technologies the first week he puts it in play. COBRA PUMA GOLF athlete, Bryson DeChambeau did just that when he used COBRA’s new KING F9 SPEEDBACK driver, to open his PGA TOUR season with a win at this weeks’ Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas.
DeChambeau shot a scintillating 66 on Sunday, with an incredible eagle on 16, to win the tournament by one shot, with a bag of COBRA clubs including the new KING F9 SPEEDBACK driver, COBRA Forged ONE Length Irons, while he was dressed head-to-toe in apparel, accessories and footwear from PUMA Golf, including the celebrated PWRADAPT Leather golf shoes.
DeChambeau’s KING F9 driver, made its debut in his bag this week, featuring the brand’s breakthrough SPEEDBACK Technology, which, for the first time in golf, successfully combines a highly aerodynamic clubhead shape with low CG. SPEEDBACK is a game-changing advancement in the way a driver is engineered. The combination of an efficient aerodynamic shape and an engineered weight structure on the sole improves club speed while maintaining a low, deep CG to create the most efficient transfer of energy to the ball. Utilizing a CNC Precision Milled Face, created using industry-leading face manufacturing technology, allows for a thinner and hotter face design that has shown ball speed increases up to 1.5 mph when tested against a traditional, hand-polished face. These technologies fuse to deliver the ultimate formula for speed and extreme distance.
Details of the COBRA clubs in DeChambeau’s bag this week:
- Driver: KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver 9° | TPT Model 14 MKP LT | 45.5″
- FWY: KING LTD 3/4 Fwy; 14.5 degrees | True Temper HZRDUS Black | 85x @ 43″
- FWY: F8+ Baffler 5wd | 17.5 degrees | True Temper HZRDUS Black | 85x @ 41”
- Irons: COBRA KING ONE Length Utility (4 &5) | Forged ONE Length | 6-P | True Temper X7 | 37.5″ for all
- Wedges: COBRA KING V Grind | 50° | KING WideLow Grind 55° and 60° | True Temper X7 | 37.5″ for all
DeChambeau’s PUMA Golf apparel, accessories and footwear are from the brands 2018 Autumn Winter Collection showcasing fresh style combined with cutting-edge technical elements, that are designed to enhance on-course performance and provide looks that turn heads whether golfers are in bunkers or at the bar.
- IGNITE PWRADAPT Leather Shoes feature revolutionary and proprietary PWRADAPT Technology for more traction with every move. Additionally, the shoes deliver sophisticated style and crazy comfort with a premium leather upper combined with a mesh hybrid bootie lining for excellent fit.
- PWRCOOL Refraction Polo: featuring a bold, prismatic stripe, the polo is engineered with DryCELL for added comfort, while PWRCOOL Ultralite technology helps keep the internal temp cool no matter what the thermometer says. To top it off, UPF 40 to keep the skin protected from the sun.
- And his signature TOUR Driver Cap: Dapper and distinctive, the Driver Cap can be styled for any on or off-course occasion. Features include a moisture-wicking performance sweatband to protect sweat from affecting your game and a classic brim designed to shield your face from the sun.
Other Equipment News
- Callaway Becomes Official Partner to the European Tour
- PUMA Golf’s ‘Play Loose’ Collection Celebrates the Laidback Vibes of Coastal Living and Golfing
- Scotty Cameron Introduces New Select Fastback 2 and Squareback 1.5 Putters
- Inventors Spotlight for Innovative Golf Products at PGA Merchandise Show
- J.Lindeberg Reveals its Spring/Summer 2019 Collection
- MST Golf Takes Over Bukit Jalil Pro Shop
- MST Golf Appointed as Strategic Partner for Majesty Golf
- Lexi Thompson Wins at the CME Group Tour Championship with a New King F9 SpeedBack Driver in the Bag
- TPT Golf Expands Distribution To Malaysia with MST Golf
- Cobra Golf’s King F9 Speedback Metalwoods Uncover the Ultimate Formula for Speed – A Revolutionary Advancement in Aerodynamics & Low CG
- More news...