Trevose Golf & Country Club To Host Staysure Tour Event
The Trevose Golf & Country Club in Cornwall, England will host the Farmfoods European Legends Links Championship from June 21-23, the second new event on the Staysure Tour for its 2019 season.
Having played host to several prestigious amateur events, including the Brabazon and McGregor Trophies, the Farmfoods European Legends Links Championship will be the first European Tour-sanctioned event to be held at Trevose Golf & Country Club.
The venue is just five miles west of Padstow, Cornwall’s gourmet capital, and is surrounded by seven beaches. The course was designed by Harry Colt in 1925 and has recently undergone extensive renovations under the work of architects Mackenzie & Ebert.
The event will be played in the Staysure Tour’s popular Alliance format, which gives amateur golfers the opportunity to experience a golf tournament inside the ropes as they are paired with a professional golfer for two rounds in a separate competition – the action then focuses on the pros for the final round.
Nick Gammon, Trevose Golf & Country Club Managing Director, said; “Everyone here at Trevose is looking forward to hosting our first Staysure Tour event next year. We believe we have one of the finest links golf courses in the country, in one of the UK’s most idyllic locations.
“It will be a fantastic occasion for us, and Cornwall as a whole, to welcome so many legends of the game for a wonderful festival of golf.”
The European Legends Links Championship will join the Farmfoods European Senior Masters as Staysure Tour tournaments organised by Champions (UK) plc.
Matthew Hayes, Champions (UK) plc Managing Director, said: “We are delighted to add the European Legends Links Championship to the list of events we organise.
“Trevose is a unique and wonderful location and, with the golf playing out against the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean, the Championship promises to be extra special.
“Champions is a family business, and we are thrilled to be working with the Gammon family.
“This event will allow amateurs the unique chance to play alongside some of the greats of the sport while allowing brands the opportunity to engage in sponsorship activation in this unique and beautiful setting.
“I would also like to stress the importance of Headline sponsors Farmfoods; Eric Herd continues to support golf across all levels and without his contributions, events like these would never happen.”
David MacLaren, Head of the Staysure Tour, said: “We are always looking to add exciting new events to our ever-expanding Tour and are delighted to welcome Trevose to the Staysure Tour schedule with the Farmfoods European Legends Links Championship.
“Following on from the success of the Farmfoods European Senior Masters, we are thrilled to be working with Farmfoods and Champions once again for what is sure to be another fantastic event..”
Other Course Highlights
- Sunningdale Golf Club to Host 2020 Senior Open Presented by Rolex
- ‘Lambaian Rasa’ Fasting Month Feast at TPC Kuala Lumpur
- Argentario Golf Resort & Spa Opens Stylish New Club House in Time for 2019 Golf Season
- Walmer & Kingsdown, Known as ‘The Club on the Cliffs’, Joins Golf in Kent Partnership
- Golfing Stars Touch Down in King Abdullah Economic City for the Saudi International
- Only Sentosa Delivers at SMBC Singapore Open
- Sentosa Golf Club’s Dragon’s Tail Set to Help Keep Things Green on the Serapong Course
- Any Development on Hong Kong Golf Club Would be an Act of Environmental Vandalism
- The Els Club Desaru Coast Introduces New Packages for Avid Golfers to Improve their Game Under Expert Tutelage
- 99° East Golf Club – Langkawi’s Latest Golfing Playground
- More news...